Sunday, May 19, 2013

Silent Forever

Anita Berber

Howdy. I am currently working on entries about stars that never made it to the talkies. They are actors and actresses that only appeared in silent films before passing away. Gotta make sure these fine people are remembered. 

This is who I will be profiling: Art Acord, Florence Barker, Anita Berber, Vedah Bertram, True Boardman, Rex Cherryman, Bobby Connelly, William Courtleigh Jr., Ward Crane, Florence Deshon, B. Reeves Eason Jr., Frank Farrington, Vladimir Fogel, Tom Forman, Myrtle Gonzalez, Joseph Graybill, Einar Hanson, Arthur V. Johnson, Lamar Johnstone, Dee Lampton, Ormer Locklear, Harold Lockwood, Lottie Lyell, Charles Emmett Mack, Elsie Mackay, Eva May, Evelyn Nelson, Valdemar Psilander, Dorothy Seastrom, Jack Standing, Emily Stevens, Fred Thomson, Mary Thurman, and Dorrit Weixler.

Stay tuned!



Dorothy Seastrom

4 comments:

  1. I have to admit I have not heard of most of them. I have heard of Bobby Connelly and Ormer Locklear. He was profiled in the great series Hollywood-The Stuntmen. It was so haunting and so sad to hear Viola Dana speak of him. I wish they could bring this series out in DVD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is where I first heard about him too. Very sad, yet romantic story, in the sense that he was a daredevil in love with a silent movie star.

      Delete
  2. Jessica,

    I have always admired your blog but have never commented. I briefly wrote a blog to test formatting for articles I later published on other sites. Below is a link to a blog I wrote on Martha Mansfield, a silent film actress who burned to death in San Antonio in 1923. You are welcome to use my posting as a source if you choose to write about her. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandon!
      I actually wrote about Martha Mansfield a year or so ago. The link should be located on the side.

      Delete